Meet the Team
Director and Head Coach
Kelly brings her many years of competitive beach volleyball experience to provide a fun and engaging environment for athletes. Kelly is a Certified NCCP Development Coach and a skilled expert in the sport. Her mission is to promote a culture of strong independent females in their sport and in life.
Kelly completed Chemical Engineering at the University of Waterloo where she competed for the Varsity volleyball team for 5 years as well as being successful in her studies.
- Captain and MVP of University of Waterloo Volleyball
- Rookie of the year University of Waterloo Volleyball
- World Masters Games Indoor Volleyball Gold Medalist
- World Masters Games Beach Volleyball Silver Medalist
- Bermuda Indoor Volleyball Tournament Champions
- Coach Madawaska Camp Beach Program
- Beach Volleyball Summer Games Bronze Medalist
Beach Head Coach and Physiotherapist
Luka brings unparalleled experience to the beach volleyball court. As an NCCP Advanced Development Coach and a National Silver Medalist, Luka will provide his experience and technical know how to break down skills and get the best performance out of athletes.
Luka is a local Physiotherapist for Blue Mountain Physiotherapy and played Varsity Volleyball at Laurier University.
- National Silver Medallist Beach Volleyball
- Captain WLU Men's Volleyball Team
- WLU Rookie of the year
- WLU Player of the year
- Academic All Canadian
- Junior Beach Volleyball National Team
- Regional Games Beach Volleyball Gold Medallist
- Provincial Beach Volleyball Gold Medallist
- Georgian Peaks Alpine Coach
- Sunset Point Beach Volleyball Head Coach
Matt is a versatile athlete who is enthusiastic to pass on his wealth of knowledge of volleyball and fitness to the younger generation. Matt grew up in Collingwood and has played volleyball for most of his life, including varsity volleyball at the University of Guelph. He is a strong community member and works locally as a firefighter in Collingwood.
- Guelph University Varsity Volleyball
- Bronze medallist Indoor Volleyball Nationals
- Ontario Volleyball Club Player
Laura Powers grew up in Collingwood and started her volleyball journey at Collingwood collegiate Institute. She played club for Georgian Bay Vista in Midland, and went on to play for regional and provincial teams. From there she received a scholarship to Boston College, where she played for two years, and then finished her career at University of Toronto for two seasons. It is there that she won OUA champions for the 2004-2005 year, was Academic All Canadian and part of the OUA All-star team for the 2004-2005 season. In her off seasons from indoor volleyball she played beach volleyball in the OVA circuit.
She currently lives in the Blue Mountains with her family, loves any sport that takes her outside, and is a physiotherapist.
Youth Development Coach
Julie participated in the Varsity volleyball program at the University of Waterloo in 2003 and graduated from the Environmental Studies- Planning program in 2008. Volleyball has always been one of her favourite sports and is excited to grow the game in Collingwood. Julie previously coached indoor volleyball for the Toronto Leaside U14 Team during the 2012/13 season and has been a certified Skate Canada coach since 2006. She has also recently been coaching power skating and girls hockey fundamentals in the South Georgian Bay area. Julie has vast experience coaching children, youth, and adults and has an energetic and friendly approach to empower athletes to feel confident in growing their skills.